How to remove the date and time from the blogger URL? Is it Possible? What happens if I remove the date from the URL?
Don’t worry I will give all the answers to the questions I was mentioned above. Yes, it is very easy to remove date and .html from blogger post permalink, you can do it very easily by putting a script in your blogger template. Today In this article I will quickly tell you the process of how you remove time, year, date, month, and .html from your blogger post URLs. After that, the URL Looks Clean and professional and it is one of the factors to get ranked on Search Engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, etc.
Generally Blogger URLs (or) Blogspot URLs looks like:
After following the steps given in this article, you can change your blog URLs like this:
Advantages Of Removing Date Form Blogger Post URL
First of all, you have to understand the Benefits of Removing Date From Blogger Post URL
- It will make your blogger Post URL Short.
- Short URL is good for SEO.
- Removing or hiding Date From Blogger will make your content Evergreen.
- It Won’t Let visitors identify when the post is actually published.
- It will give professional look to your blog post.
- Short URL easy to read that help google and other search engine bots to rank your blog post.
Disadvantages Of Removing Date From Blogger Post URL
- Removing date from Posts URL is good, but only for new bloggers, Who has just started their blog and did not publish much content on their blog.
- Removing the date from the blogger post, showing 404 which means the page is not found “Error”. Because after changing the permalink, your previous posts which are already indexed in Google showing 404 Errors to the Visitors. This might lead indexed posts to be disappeared from Search Engines for a while. So beware of changing Post URL if, it is ranked in Google Searches.
- If you have already posted tons of Blog posts, and your blog posts are ranking in Google Search Engine Pages where you get millions of traffic. Then, you shouldn’t take risk of changing the blog post URL. Because it will affect negatively and impact the SEO of your blog and decrease your earnings.
- If you have already published tones of posts and the posts is ranking on Search engine then we strictly advise you not to change your blog Permalink.
How To Remove or Hide Date and .html From Blogger Post URL Step By Step.
Now I will tell you the step-by-step process with the help of screenshots.
STEP 1: First Login Into Your Blogger Dashboard and choose the blog in which you want to remove the date
STEP 2: Now After login the dashboard click on the theme Section
STEP 3: After clicking on the Theme section, click the customise button and then “Edit HTML” button.
STEP 4: Now, Find out the <head> tag here. You can also use the shortcut key Ctrl+F to find the <head> tag.
STEP 5: Now, Copy the Code Given down below and Paste it after the <head> tag, and click on the Save theme.
Copy the code below:
Now, the date and .html are permanently removed or hidden from the blogger’s post URL. If you are facing any problem then comment down below I will try to solve your problem.
What happens if I remove the date and time from the blogger post URL ?
After Changing the blogger post permalink, you might get 404 errors on existing posts. But don’t worry We have given a solution for that too:
If your blog is new and hasn’t published any posts yet. Then you may not face any errors or issues. But if you are already published some posts then we strictly advise you do not ever change your blogpost Permalink.
If any case you have published some posts, then you need to redirect those old posts (www.yoursite.com/2021/07/sample-post.html) to the new URL (www.yoursite.com/sample-post) as soon as possible because if your old post URL rank on search engine and after that you remove the date from the post URL then it will affect your blog traffic.
How to Redirect these Old Posts Links to the New Links ?
This is very simple, you can do it manually by following the steps given below:
STEP 1: login into the Blogger Dashboard, Go to the Settings. Scroll down below till you get “Errors and Redirects” heading.
STEP 2: There you will see “Custom Redirects” Option, Click on it and You will get a Popup, Click on Add,
STEP 3: There you need to paste old url and new url of every post under from and to.
How to revert back to Default Blogger URLs ?
- Again Go to Theme Section click the customise button.
- Then click edit HTML.
- Remove the Code which you have added previously after the <head> Tag and Save the theme.